Dane County Parks
- The following are CLOSED due to high water. Closures can also be found on the Closures and Trail Conditions page.
- CamRock County Park multiuse trail
- Lussier County Park pier
- Mendota County Park boat camping
- Silverwood County Park Sweet Lake boat access (Hwy 106)
- Two miles of the Capital City Trail between Fish Hatchery Road and Seminole Highway will be CLOSED starting Wednesday, October 2nd for asphalt pavement resurfacing. This is Phase 2 of the Capital City Trail Pavement Restoration project. View the Press Release for more details and find current status information on the trail website.
- Festge County Park overlook construction to begin Friday, September 6th
- NEW webpage to view today's campsite availability
- NEW 1-acre small dog park at Badger Prairie County Park now OPEN
- Lake View Hill Park restoration in progress
- Closures & Trail Conditions
Located in south-central Wisconsin, Dane County Parks offers a variety of recreational opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. Natural environments are venues for quiet getaways as well as unique locations for your special event. Dane County Parks is dedicated to making your experience enjoyable and takes an active role to enhance and preserve the county’s finest natural resources.
- 26 Recreation Parks, including 7 Dog Parks
- 18 Wildlife Areas
- 14 Natural Resource Areas
- 4 Historical/Cultural Sites
- 2 Forests
- Over 100 miles of Trails - Including Bicycle, Equestrian, and Cross-country Ski Trails
- 5 Campgrounds and Multiple Adult and Youth Group Camp Sites
- Lussier Family Heritage Center
Your tax-deductible donation will help us continue to maintain and improve the Dane County Park System. A variety of donation and memorial options are available.