Dane County Parks
Campsite/shelter reservations and permit purchases for 2020 are available via our online store.
- Lake access piers have been REMOVED for the season
- Silverwood County Park Sweet Lake boat access (Hwy 106) is CLOSED due to high water.
- The Prairie Moraine Dog Park will be CLOSED for a work day on Wednesday, Dec. 4th at 8:00 am until Dec. 5th at 9:00 am. We apologize for any inconvenience. Volunteers welcome, please contact our volunteer coordinator at (608) 224-3601.
Phase 2 of the Capital City Trail Pavement Restoration between Seminole Highway and Fish Hatchery Road is complete and the trail is OPEN. For more details see the press release or the Pavement Restoration project page.
Located in south-central Wisconsin, Dane County Parks offers a variety of recreational opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. Natural environments are venues for quiet getaways as well as unique locations for your special event. Dane County Parks is dedicated to making your experience enjoyable and takes an active role to enhance and preserve the county’s finest natural resources.
- 26 Recreation Parks, including 7 Dog Parks
- 18 Wildlife Areas
- 14 Natural Resource Areas
- 4 Historical/Cultural Sites
- 2 Forests
- Over 100 miles of Trails - Including Bicycle, Equestrian, and Cross-country Ski Trails
- 5 Campgrounds and Multiple Adult and Youth Group Camp Sites
- Lussier Family Heritage Center
Your tax-deductible donation will help us continue to maintain and improve the Dane County Park System. A variety of donation and memorial options are available.