COVID-19 Alert: The following changes to SHELTER reservations have been implemented:
- Update 8/27/20, we are no longer accepting new 2020 shelter reservations.
- Update 8/5/2020, per state guidelines, park users are REQUIRED to wear masks while inside a shelter (masks are not required when using park play structures as long as physical distancing is followed).
- Shelters are only available (unless previously reserved) on a first-come first-served basis following the Forward Dane Plan guidelines for outdoor activities:
- Restrooms will only be opened with a permitted shelter reservation
- Currently outdoor gatherings are limited 25 people or fewer with the following guidelines:
- Must maintain 6’ distancing between people not in your immediate household. The average picnic table is 6’ in length so we encourage event guests to bring a lawn chair to make sure you have ample seating with distancing.
- Consider using table cloths, sanitizing picnic tables and benches before use
- Do not share food and beverages. Avoid serving food as a buffet, potluck or family-style.
- Consider wearing face masks
- Wash hands or sanitize regularly
- Note that playground equipment is not being cleaned
Shelter reservations entitle you and your group to exclusive use of the designated shelter building and immediate area surrounding it. The general public may use the restrooms and nearby areas. Other facilities such as ball diamonds, play areas, and horseshoe pits are for use on a first-come, first-serve basis with a one-hour time limit if another group or individual is waiting.
Shelter Rental Conditions
Reservations must be made a minimum of two days before the first day of the reservation. Check-in is at 10:00 a.m. the day of the reservation (special arrangements may be made for earlier check-in). Check-out is at 9:30 p.m. sharp. Special events and weddings require a Special Event Permit (PDF). Please review the full list of shelter Rules and Regulations before reserving a shelter.
Reserve a Shelter
Frequently Asked Questions
Rules and Regulations