- A Shelter Reservation is a permit to reserve a shelter in the Dane County Park System. Shelter fees must be paid prior to use of a Park facility. Please visit our Fees webpage for more information.
- To reserve a park facility, including a campsite or shelter, you must be at least 18 years of age.
- Shelter reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance. Due to limited parking availability, groups exceeding 100 people at Brigham, Festge, Goodland, or Mendota County Parks must reserve both shelters.
- A staff cell phone number will be included with the reservation card posted at the shelter. Please feel free to contact staff with questions or problems.
- To reserve shelters for groups over 150 people, you must contact the Parks Office at (608) 224-3730.
- Cancellation & Change Policy
When making a shelter reservation, please have the following information:
- Arrival date, park and shelter number
- Number of people who will attend
- If there will be special needs and accommodations such as a tent or catering, porta-potties, extra trash containers, etc. Some events require a certificate of insurance to cover certain activities.
- If alcohol will be consumed by and your group contains 25 or more people
- If amplified music/sound will be played (see definition below)
- Type of event (family reunion, work picnic, wedding reception, etc.)