Noise and Personal Conduct
The use of any sound amplification device, loudspeaker, generator, or other device that produces excessively loud or unusual noise is strictly prohibited, unless a permit has been obtained and it is allowed on a particular property.
- No noisy, drunken, or disorderly person shall be permitted to remain on Dane County property.
- It's illegal to deface, destroy, or vandalize any county property or natural growth.
- All controlled substances and paraphernalia, identified in Chapter 161, WI State Statutes, shall be prohibited from use or possession.
- Visit our Dogs in Parks page to view requirements for dogs in parks.
- No pets are allowed in designated beach areas at Goodland, Mendota, and Stewart Lake County Parks.
- Horses are allowed on designated horse trails only and must be kept under control.
- A permit is required for vehicles parked outside of the campsite area.
- Vehicles are restricted to designated roadways, parking areas, and authorized campsites.
- Vehicles must abide by state laws and operate at the posted speed limit within the park.
- No commercial or household waste is allowed.
- All litter, debris, and trailer refuse must be removed or placed in areas or containers provided.
Tents & Special Equipment
This also includes chairs, tables, and play equipment.
- Installing tents or other structures that are larger than 12' x 12' and require stakes or pins to be driven into the ground more than six inches will result in an additional fee to cover the marking of underground utilities.
- A certificate of insurance may be required when bringing additional equipment into a park.
- Please call (608) 224-3730 for more information.
- No model rockets, other launched projectiles, and explosives including fireworks are allowed in the parks.
- No remote controlled aircraft are allowed in the parks except at the Badger Prairie County Park aeromodeling field by permit only.