Dog Park Rules & Recommendations
As dog parks increase in popularity, it is important to remember the following rules and recommendations to keep the experience will be enjoyable for everyone:
- Limit food and treats brought into a dog park as they may attract other dogs.
- Leave toys at home. Throwing balls or other dog toys may lead to possession aggression.
- Make sure your dog is healthy. It is possible for your dog to pass on an infection or parasite to other dogs. Sharing water can also lead to disease transmission.
- Children should be supervised when in the dog park.
- A dog park is not the place to work on behavioral problems with your dog.
- Do not bring more dogs than you can effectively restrain. It is recommended that you bring no more than three dogs at one time.
- Do not allow your dog to be in contact with wild animals.
- It is not acceptable to dump pet waste from offsite at the dog park.
- Dog bites/attacks should be reported to Madison Police Animal Services (608) 255-2345 (non-emergency) or 911 (emergency). For all other park related issues, contact Dane County Parks at (608) 224-3730.