Brigham County Park was established in 1976 and is located just northeast of the Village of Blue Mounds on County Highway. The 232-acre park provides a panoramic view of the Wisconsin River Valley and includes a 23-unit rustic campground, group camp area, two shelters, picnic area, play equipment, paved trail, nature trail through a maple woods, and hiking trails that connect to Blue Mound State Park.
The Brigham Trail, a 1.3-mile paved shared-use trail, also goes through the park and connects to the Military Ridge State Trail and Cave of the Mounds National Natural Landmark. Shelter #2 is a timber frame structure that was built from trees that were harvested at Dane County Parks properties. Across from Brigham County Park is the County’s 107-acre Blue Mounds Wildlife Area that offers public hunting opportunities and other activities such as hiking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing (ungroomed trails), and wildlife observation.
This park is supported in part by the Friends of Brigham County Park.
This park is named after Ebenezer Brigham (1789-1861), one of the first permanent white settlers in the area. Information about him can be found on a historical marker in the park.
Brigham Park has an amazing view of the Wisconsin River Valley. On a clear day, the Baraboo Hills can be seen 35 miles away. The park contains one of the rare examples of a mature sugar maple forest in Southern Wisconsin. More information can be found on a natural history marker in the park.