Chainsaw Safety Trainings - SAWW Level 1 and Level 2
- 10/07/2022 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 10/08/2022 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
These courses are being sponsored by Dane County Parks and being taught by certified SAWW (Safety and Woods Worker) trainer Luke Saunders of Adaptive Restoration. Level 1 and Level 2 are part of the four-level SAWW series designed to increase safety and efficiency of chainsaw use - for more information on the SAWW program see http://www.sawwtraining.com/about-us.html and the attached document. These classes meet FISTA standards.
All classes are being held at Indian Lake County Park from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Bathrooms and water are available at the shelter.
SAWW Level 1 dates:
- Wednesday, June 15 - *Newly Scheduled*
- Thursday, June 16
- Friday October 7
- Saturday October 8
SAWW Level 2 dates:
- Wednesday June 22
- Thursday June 23
Cost per training (the Level 1 training and the Level 2 training have the same cost):
- Registered Dane County Parks Volunteer (Volunteers must have a current registration form on file): $45.00
- Volunteer for Non-Dane County Parks Land Restoration Agency: $90.00
- Private Individual, Non-Volunteer (Standard Fee): $125.00
- Private Individual, Non-Volunteer - 50% Scholarship/ Financial Assistance (Standard Fee): $62.50
If interested and available, please head to our reservation page to view details.
- Click on the “Volunteer Program” tab. You’ll see a drop down for Level 1 and Level 2 classes.
- Details are found under “Description” and to find the date you’re interested in registering for, under Calendar - “Check Availability”.
- To register, click on SAWW Level 1 or 2 and then you’ll be brought to a calendar where you’ll have to click on the date you’re interested in (it automatically brings you to the current month). Click on the date you want and click “add to cart”. After that you’ll have to complete the rest of the registration process.
- You will have to either sign-in or create a new account in order to complete registration. The site should walk you through that process and it should be fairly simple. You’ll have to add your age in order for the system to allow you to register (participants have to be 18 years and older).
- Registration for Level 2 is contingent upon completion of Level 1. If you know you will be completing Level 1 you can sign up for Level 2 at the same time (but please be mindful of our cancellation policy).
If you are interested in SAWW Level 2 but the June dates don't work for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the notification list for fall classes as they get scheduled.
Indian Lake County Park open shelter
8183 State Highway 19
Cross Plains, WI 53528
ContactClaire Lamberg, Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com, (608) 516-3703
Categories: Parks, Training, Volunteer