Barks for Parks!
A fundraiser for Dane County Dog Parks.
Join the celebration at Badger Prairie County Park (6720 U.S. 151, Verona)
Sunday, August 11, 2019
Noon - 4:00 pm
Hot diggity dog, we had so much fun we're back again! This event has grown so much the past two years that we have had to move to a larger location. Join us for our 3rd Annual "Barks for Parks!" celebration at Badger Prairie County Park in Verona. This afternoon of fun will include live music, food, and entertainment for both two- and four-legged friends and family. Proceeds from this year’s event will be used to build a shade structure at the Badger Prairie Dog Park.
Suggested donation for admission is $5.00 per person. Dogs are free but must have a daily or annual dog permit. These can be purchased at the event or in advance through our website.
Please note that dogs must be on a 6’ static leash and be current on vaccinations. Dogs must be people and animal friendly. Please check out our complete list of "Barks for Parks!" Dog Rules for the event:
Can't make it to Barks for Parks? You can still support Dane County Dog parks by making a donation online or by mail. Just indicate that you would like your donation to be used to support the dog park program.
***Dane County Parks reserves the right to refuse participation to any vendor or group. Businesses that promote dominance or punishment-based training techniques or encourage letting dogs off leash in the Dane County Park System (outside of dog parks) may not be allowed to participate.
Did you know?
Dane County was one of the first park systems in the United States to develop designated off-leash pet exercise areas and has been used as a model for other systems across the United States.
Many of our sponsors will have booths at Barks for Parks! Stop by their booths and thank them for supporting Dane County Dog Parks.
Check out our sponsor packet if you would like to learn more about sponsorship.
All-day Exhibitors and Activities
- Albert's Dog Lounge: senior & special needs dog rescue
- Animal Rescue & Veterinary Support Services: rescue and education
- Canine Sports Zone: flyball demonstration
- Czar's Promise: supports canine cancer and research
- Dogs on Call, LLC: therapy animal training, evaluation and animal team visits
Fetch WI: rescue that rehomes and rehabilitates at-risk dogs
- Fromm Pet Food: free dog food samples
- My Red Haired Auntie: handcrafted clothing and items with dog themed designs
- Tabby & Jacks: $10 nail trims for your pup. 100% of the proceeds donated to Dane County Dog Parks!
- Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue: rescue group
- Veterinary Emergency Services: doggy first-aid station
- Wisconsin Division of Public Health
A full list of exhibitors and activities is coming soon. Check out our exhibitor and vendor packet if you would like to learn how to get a booth at this event.
We are excited to announce that our musical guest this year will be The Material Boys. They play a wide range of covers and originals and are sure to have something for everyone. Listen to samples of their music on their web page.
- Toast - Madison’s best paninis
- More food vendors coming soon.
Dane County Parks was one of the first park systems in the nation to develop off-leash dog parks and is recognized as a national leader. Each year, our seven dog parks serve over 600,000 visitors and win local awards. Become a Barks for Parks and let park users know you are passionate about our pup parks.
Your sponsorship would be recognized in the following ways:
- Posters: at each of our seven dog parks and at all other Dane County Recreation Parks (over 3 million visitors in 2018). *Sponsors must commit by June 1, 2019 to get their name/logo on event posters.
- Website: listed on the event website (3,800+ page hits two months before the event in 2018).
- Social Media: advertised in advance in the Facebook event and a follow up post after letting folks know how much was raised (1,600 people followed the event in 2018).
- At event: listed on a thank you poster at the event (500+ attended in 2018).
- Additional benefits by level are listed in the sponsor packet.
Our dog parks won all three spots in the 2019 Best of Madison dog park category:
1st Prairie Moraine Dog Park
2nd Badger Prairie Dog Park
3rd Token Creek Dog Park