Barks for Parks
Barks for Parks is a community celebration that supports Dane County Dog Parks and includes live music, food, and entertainment for dogs and their people. Proceeds from this year’s event will be used to purchase a sun shade and agility equipment for Token Creek Dog Park.
Dane County was one of the first park systems in the United States to develop off-leash dog parks and remains a national leader. Our seven dog parks total 229 acres and are some of the busiest parks in the county drawing in over 600,000 visitors a year.
This afternoon of fun will include live music, food, and entertainment for both pups and their people. Suggested donation for admission is $5.00 per person. Dogs are free but must have a daily or annual dog permit. These can be purchased at the event or in advance through our website.
Please note that dogs must be on a 6’ static leash and be current on vaccinations. Dogs must be people and animal friendly. Please check out our complete list of "Barks for Parks!" Dog Rules for the event:
Can't make it to Barks for Parks? You can still support Dane County dog parks by making a donation online or by mail. Just indicate that you would like your donation to be used to support the dog park program.
***Dane County Parks reserves the right to refuse participation to any vendor or group. Businesses that promote dominance or punishment-based training techniques or encourage letting dogs off leash in the Dane County Park System (outside of dog parks) may not be allowed to participate.
Dane County Parks was one of the first park systems in the nation to develop off-leash dog parks and is recognized as a national leader. Each year, our seven dog parks serve over 600,000 visitors and win local awards. Become a Barks for Parks and let park users know you are passionate about our pup parks.
Please contact us to discuss sponsorship opportunities so we can learn more about your business's unique marketing goals and craft a sponsor package to meet your budget and needs.
Our dog parks won all three spots in the 2019 Best of Madison dog park category:
1st Prairie Moraine Dog Park
2nd Badger Prairie Dog Park
3rd Token Creek Dog Park
Our dog parks won all three spots in the 2019 Isthmus Madison Faves dog park category:
1st Prairie Moraine County Dog Park
2nd Capital Springs County Dog Park
3rd Yahara Heights County Dog Park
This page will be frequently updated as we add exhibitors, vendors and activities!
Dane County Ninja Pup Obstacle Course: Noon to 3:30 pm
Your challenge, if you choose to accept it, is for you and your pup to navigate an obstacle course filled with stations that will test your physical stamina, mental prowess, and ability to look goofy in front of your human and canine peers. Thank you to Team RWB for volunteering to run this activity.
Puppy Yoga: 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm (tentative times)
Instructor Alisa Andrea will lead you through a 45-minute yoga session with adorable, adoptable puppies frolicking around you (really tests your balance!). The puppies are from Underdog Pet Rescue of Wisconsin and other local rescue organizations. The sessions will be all-levels and beginner friendly, a perfect and intimidation-free introduction to yoga. They will be held in a soft grassy area with cardboard yoga mats available for use. You are welcome to bring your own mat too if you would like, just keep in mind that some puppies think yoga mats are super fun toys and can be a bit messy at times. Kids are welcome to join in for all or part of the yoga session as long as they are accompanied by an adult. Not interested in yoga? You can meet the puppies and try out yoga poses in between yoga sessions. *If you have a dog at Barks for Parks, please have a friend watch them while you are in the puppy yoga enclosure
Ask A Trainer: Noon, 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm (tentative schedule below)
With a $5 donation, you can spend 5 minutes with a local trainer asking them them for training tips and advice. Signups for all spots starts at Noon the day of the event. A volunteer will be in the training area to sign people up. All money is donated to the Barks for Parks fundraiser.
- Teacher's Pet Training: Noon - 1:55 pm
- Lewis Veterinary Behavior Solution: 2:00 - 2:55 pm
- Local Dog Training & Adventure: 3:00 - 3:55 pm
Demo Area: more information coming soon!
- Dane County Parks Welcome Booth: parks store and permit sales.
- Veterinary Emergency Services: doggy first-aid station.
Exhibitors and Activities
More coming soon!
- Albert's Dog Lounge: senior & special needs dog rescue.
- Animal Rescue & Veterinary Support Services: rescue and education.
- Czar's Promise: supports canine cancer and research.
- English Springer Spaniel of America: rescue for English Springer Spaniels.
- Fetch: rescue that rehomes and rehabilitates at-risk dogs.
- Golden Retriever Rescue of Wisconsin: rescue and education for Golden Retrievers.
- Greyhound Pets of America - Wisconsin: nonprofit dedicated to the placement of ex-racing greyhounds.
- Tales With Big T: is a children's literacy program featuring small dogs that love to be read to! Reading to a dog helps kids build confidence, feel more comfortable, and reduce stress and anxiety as dogs don't judge. Their books ALL feature characters of color so ALL kids can see themselves represented in the books they read! They will also have books to give away to kids.
- Underdog Pet Rescue of Wisconsin: puppy yoga! See a description and times in the "scheduled activites" section above.
- Wisconsin Division of Public Health
Check out our exhibitor and vendor packet if you would like to learn how to get a booth at this event.