Family Friendly Restoration at Stewart Lake County Park
- 04/16/2023 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 05/21/2023 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 06/18/2023 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 07/16/2023 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 08/20/2023 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 09/17/2023 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 10/15/2023 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 11/19/2023 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 12/17/2023 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The 3rd Sunday of the month from 1:00pm to 3:00pm, the FoSP have an open workday in the Oak Trail Woodland and Savanna. Please see Location for meeting location details. Folks attending the workday should come dressed for the weather (think rain, snow, light wind, etc.), ready to work in any condition in clothes you don't mind working in or getting dirty. Sturdy shoes/boots are highly recommended. Bring drinking water and work gloves.
Winter work activities will include sowing native seed, stacking and burning brush piles, and clearing woody invasive shrubs (mostly buckthorn, bittersweet vine, honeysuckle, prickly ash and multiflora rose). Certified FoSP volunteers may treat cut invasive stumps throughout the course of the workday, but we are not asking that other participants do this. As the seasons change, work will change with it. These workdays vary throughout the season and focus on being family and kid friendly, as long as children are chaperoned.
All tools including loppers and hand saws will be provided, or volunteers can bring their own if they'd like. Other tools and needed materials will be provided.
Please feel free to connect with Mary McDonough-Sutter via email or text/telephone to join the weekday crews ( email@example.com or 608 332 5029).
Stewart Lake County Park -- **various meeting locations**
May and June workdays only:
- Meeting at the Stewart Lake CP shelter - 3106 Co Hwy JG, Mt Horeb, WI 53572
All other workdays:
- Meet at the end of Blue View Drive, 410 Blue View Dr, Mt Horeb, WI 53572
ContactMary McDonough-Sutter, McSutter@mhtc.net, 608 332 5029
Categories: Kids & Family, Parks, Volunteer