Silverwood -- Tree and Brush Removal Volunteer Workday
- 10/22/2021 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- 10/29/2021 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- 11/05/2021 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- 11/12/2021 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- 11/19/2021 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- 11/26/2021 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- 12/03/2021 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- 12/10/2021 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- 12/17/2021 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join Friends of Silverwood as they continue to tackle oak woods restoration, which involves removing invasive species to make way for native understory plants and give more room to oak saplings. Volunteers are welcome to join anytime between their 9am-2pm workday. Check the weather beforehand and dress for cooler temperatures, in clothing you don't mind working in. Sturdy boots are a good idea.
Brush haulers do not need prior experience. Those interested in chainsawing must be certified to use a chainsaw on Dane County Park properties. This means having a signed chainsaw waiver and copy of your safety certifications on file with DCP. If you are already certified with Dane County Parks you will have to bring your own chainsaw and PPE.
Contact Rita ahead of time to get an idea of where the worksite will be.
What to bring: bring gloves, water, and a snack if you'd like.
Silverwood County Park
ContactRita Fox -- email@example.com
Categories: Health & Fitness, Parks, Volunteer